diyAudio (
-   Car Audio (
-   -   Old phillips car amps with din input jack (

IrishboyM4 9th October 2007 06:20 AM

Old phillips car amps with din input jack
I have a pair of Phillips car amplifers that are about 20 years old. give or take 2 years. I need a din connector to run them properly. Does anyone know how to make up a din for the amp. THe model number is en2100 100Wx2 into 4 ohms.

I Am An Idiot 9th October 2007 03:55 PM

Get an ohm meter and go buy the din plug you need and we can help. Let us know when you get the plug.

IrishboyM4 9th October 2007 10:46 PM

I got the plug and i already have a fluke 112 ohm/ampere meter.

I Am An Idiot 10th October 2007 10:29 AM

Connect the negative meter lead to the ground terminal of the amp. Set the meter to the ohms. If it is not an auto-ranging meter you set it to 20K scale. Touch the red meter lead to each pin of the din plug. Post the results here. Pin 1 = ___ Pin 2 = ___ Pin 3 = _____ and so forth.

jacco vermeulen 10th October 2007 10:59 AM

5-pin DIN

I Am An Idiot 11th October 2007 03:14 AM

Also need to know if there is a remote wire with the power and ground connections? Or would it too ve in the din plug?

IrishboyM4 11th October 2007 03:29 AM

There is a remote wire. The din should come out to 2 RCA plugs and a remote power on wire.

All times are GMT. The time now is 01:38 AM.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2017 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2