Autotek 7300 BTS molex information - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 7th October 2007, 04:04 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Autotek 7300 BTS molex information

Hi guys,

I have found this old Autotek 7300 BTS amplifier from the store and was told that it's a very good set to use. The problem is the female molex connector jack is no where to be found and without it, I cannot power up the amp. (refer to the attached picture to get a better idea of what i'm talking about.)

Does anyone have details with regards to the functions of each pin on the molex connector so I could build a molex female connector for the amplifier without frying it?

Thanks in advance!
Old 7th October 2007, 04:23 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

pic attached.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 7300bts.jpg (77.4 KB, 174 views)
Old 7th October 2007, 05:25 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

If you pull the cover, the speaker wires should be marked. The orange is remote.

The amp is brigeable so if the markings don't tell you if they are positive or negative, the left signal wire is positive. The right signal wire is negative. Those will be connected to two different points on the board.

The two speaker wires that go to the same point on the board are the left negative and the right positive.

If I'm not mistaken, the positives are next to the remote in the plug.

If you don't want to pull the cover, check for continuity between the pins in the plug. One of the two that are directly connected (0 ohms), will be next to the remote (the only filled center socket in the plug). That's the right channel. The right negative is directly below it. The other side of the plug is obviously the left channel.

Since you don't know the condition of the amp, power it up through a 15 amp fuse. It should play at a low level. If it does, you can change the fuse to the one recommended for the amp.
Old 8th October 2007, 06:38 AM   #4
ppia600 is offline ppia600  United States
diyAudio Member

Haha, I've had one of those amps sitting in my closet for months because the owner hasn't returned my messages. I'm going to give him a little longer and put it up on ebay, as is

Here's a pic of the plug, right side up:
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 8th October 2007, 10:48 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

That is not the correct plug for that amp. That is a Rockford plug that has been modified.
The following is in reference to Maxfire's picture.
The 3 pins on the bottom row are the positives. The 2 pins on the top are the speaker negatives. Top left pin is Right - Bottom left pin is Right +.
Top right pin is Left - Bottom right pin is Left +.
Center pin is remote
Old 8th October 2007, 11:08 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

hey guys,

thank you very much for your help!
Old 8th October 2007, 12:56 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Hi guys,

From what I have gathered from the forum and elsewhere, there seem to be some discrepancies. With reference to my attached image which I have posted earlier, I would like to highlight on the LEFT top + bottom, and the RIGHT top + bottom pins.

According to I Am An Idiot's post:

Quote:
The following is in reference to Maxfire's picture.
The 3 pins on the bottom row are the positives. The 2 pins on the top are the speaker negatives. Top left pin is Right - Bottom left pin is Right +.
Top right pin is Left - Bottom right pin is Left +.
Assuming 7300 BTS and 7600 BTS share the same type of molex configuration and to quote the following member from this forum

Quote:
Molex connections
Left (+) white
Left (-) green
Right (+) yellow
Right (-) blue
Remote - orange
And lastly, this 7600 BTS picture I've found:

The green cable (top left) is said to be LEFT(-) and the white cable (bottom left) is said to be LEFT(+) which is contrary to I Am An Idiot's post. The only thing I am sure now is the top side pins are (-) and the bottom side pins are (+).

Can someone please enlighten my doubts ?
Thank you !
Old 8th October 2007, 06:19 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

According to the first picture you posted the top left pin is the Right channel negative wire. The pin directly below that (closer to the BOTTOM of the pic) Is right channel positive wire. Then we move ovr one pin to the right and that would be the remote wire. (that is the pin in the middle of the bottom row). Now if we move one pin to the right of the remote, that would be the Left channel Positive wire. The pin directly above that would be the Left channel Negative wire.
Old 9th October 2007, 12:33 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

Hope this helps
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 7300bts.jpg (85.1 KB, 115 views)
Old 9th October 2007, 03:02 AM   #10
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by I Am An Idiot
Hope this helps

Hi !

It definitely helps! Thank you!
Does that also means that I can safely ignore the colour codes of the cable and pictured as below ?

Quote:
Left (+) white
Left (-) green
Right (+) yellow
Right (-) blue
Remote - orange

The information I got from the picture's cable colour and the quote from another forumer tells the following picture:

Sorry if I kept asking the same question, just wanted to be sure.

Hide this!Advertise here!