Kenwood KDC-MP4028 - sound fades in and out when hot - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 5th October 2007, 12:53 AM   #1
Flyin11 is offline Flyin11  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Kenwood KDC-MP4028 - sound fades in and out when hot

I have known this for a while now and if I just have the AC on or it's a cool day there is no issues. Well, it happened again today. The sound on my Kenwood KDC-MP4028 head unit faded in and out. I mainly think it did it cause I had the windows down and sunroof open and it was 86 today - Summer like. I know it's the headunit cause it's just the regular speakers that are doing it. It's the amp inside I think. I have read for a while on the net about the same issue with other people as well. I'm just wondering if it might be more prone to doing it at high volume when the crossover is changed. It might be putting more pressure on the internal amplifier making it overheat quickly. I'm going to try it again in the morning and let it run all the way to work on that volume number. If it does it again, I might have to get a new headunit instead of another amp right now. The amp is kickin right now in there but I just wanted a little more punch power and getting that MTX would have been my last amp cause it will last me a quite a few years with that power. Cooler weather is coming up along with winter so I might not have to worry about another headunit till next summer. If it fades out again in the morning, I'm going to have to get a new one. I'm so bummed out I'm hoping it's just because it was hot today...

Anyone know if this is a common issue with the Kenwood MP series headunits?

Hide this!Advertise here!