PPI 2150 AM Dead! Need help or good repair person! - Page 7 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 4th December 2007, 05:03 AM   #61
shagone is offline shagone  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ppia600
Sucks sometimes. I recently bought a broken orion cobalt 2100 for $40. (400 real american made watts) Then I repaired it. Put it up on ebay with a low $25 reserve, and what do I get? That's right, it sold for $39 frickin dollars. I paid 40, bought parts and repaired it, and it sold for less than I originall paid for it BROKEN. I think I'll just start selling the broken amps I get, probably make more money.

i hear you!! i get that sometimes too. i think i will start selling my repaired amps on local craigslist. i started selling refurbished subs there after i bought a pallete of returned bazooka subs and i've been selling them left and right along with a few amps and installs on the side. besides shipping is too much these days for heavy items. i'm going broke buying amps but i love tinkering with them and selling them. maybe one day i'll make some money from it if i get really good at it.
Old 4th December 2007, 05:05 AM   #62
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by jol50
Someone got a good deal, heck I could have used it for that. I bought one but the blown bjt (new term for me lol) is listed at $24, yes just about the same as I paid for the amp Guess I have to go shopping and see if I can find something else or I'll really be stuck on that one and its just a maxxonics. I saw a bunch of sub amps go really high lately, some were $75 for 1kw and they were selling working for 100 at the same time.

a lot of the time bjt's can be replaced with tip35 and tip36 as replacements. they are all over ebay! what were the originals and what are their specs? i just did a maxxonics that had them in there from the get go even though the board said otherwize???
Old 4th December 2007, 02:17 PM   #63
jol50 is offline jol50  United States
diyAudio Member

Here is the sheet on it. http://www.datasheetcatalog.com/data...9/KTD998.shtml
K and then d998, think that is then ktd998. There is one bad in 4ch amp, an autotek. Yep, made in Korea how strange.
Old 4th December 2007, 06:02 PM   #64
diyAudio Member

bdent.com has them cheap (+ship) with 2 week wait, anyone use that place?

lol, just looked at a little dub amp, the heatsink is inside the amp! It does have a cooling hole in the top and holes in bottom, but what the...were they thinking?
Old 4th December 2007, 06:49 PM   #65
diyAudio Member

Oh sorry, you have to get 25 of them....
Old 4th December 2007, 08:39 PM   #66
diyAudio Member

I spoke too soon! Turns out I have a spare parts magnum amp...you can get them on ebay for next to nothing...and there two are. Maybe I should put the other half in too as its the same, B778. Same outputs per channel. The magnum case looks like a perfect copy of a cheap visonic as well. This magnum was hardly used store return, when they get used a lot the output resistors start to melt. to those of you who need a source, though maybe used.
Old 4th December 2007, 08:58 PM   #67
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by jol50
I spoke too soon! Turns out I have a spare parts magnum amp...you can get them on ebay for next to nothing...and there two are. Maybe I should put the other half in too as its the same, B778. Same outputs per channel. The magnum case looks like a perfect copy of a cheap visonic as well. This magnum was hardly used store return, when they get used a lot the output resistors start to melt. to those of you who need a source, though maybe used.
you should always replace both if one in a pair fails just to be safe and add life to the amp. these parts are both available from mcm for $4.72 each. i'd rather use new than pull some out of a used and probably abused cheap amp

http://www.mcminone.com/product.asp?...ds&ATT=froogle

http://www.mcminone.com/product.asp?...ds&ATT=froogle

you could find them on ebay too but i didn't check
Old 4th December 2007, 09:11 PM   #68
diyAudio Member

you can also search under 2SD998 AND 2SB778

i found some cheaper that way and they are basically the same thing.

if i can't find a part i learned that trying 2S or KT in font of the numbers usually gets good results.
Old 5th December 2007, 02:09 PM   #69
diyAudio Member

I'll order some if I can get them reasonable. The magnum ones are from China and smaller, not Korea.
Old 5th December 2007, 08:39 PM   #70
diyAudio Member

LOL, the two 1kw amps I was talking about were relisted.

Hide this!Advertise here!