Ultimate amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello
I’m working with an “Ultimate TA2700” car amplifier
I’m looking for a replacement for a photo coupler that’s
used in the power supply section of the amp. I’m not having
any success coming up with an exact replacement so I
would like to use a different number for replacement If I can.
Below is the section of the schematic that shows the device
and the number. On the schematic it’s marked KPC117 but
on the device its marked K3H C117 GR. It’s a 4 pin DIP package.

I’m putting an order together for Mouser Electronics and ran
across this device made by Sharp. The number is PC817XJ0000F
http://document.sharpsma.com/files/pc817x_eJ.pdf

Does the device made by Sharp look to be an acceptable replacement?
Thanks

Attachments

• ta2700 supply1.jpg
    ta2700 supply1.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 470
I couldn't find any information on the KPC117 and the resolution of the schematic isn't good enough to see the transistor in the coupler. If it's an NPN transistor with the collector on pin 4 and the emitter on pin 3, the sharp coupler should work.

Looking at a schematic diagram with a KPC127 (which is likely to be two KPC117s in one package), I think the one you listed is a suitable replacement.

Make sure that the voltage across the transistor of the coupler is less than 80v.

Thanks for the reply,
Sorry about the crappy schematic, that’s what the company
sent me. The person that drew it was just sloppy. I think my 4 year old nephew could have done a better job with a box of crayons. Anyway I was able to work with the image on this end to be able to conclude that it is an NPN transistor. The collector does go to pin 4 and the emitter goes to pin 3. I double checked the schematic - and the board. There is only one of these 4 pin devices being used. I was going through the catalog and noticed that anything that had more than one transistor in it is running at least 6 pins and up. I will make sure I use a device that has a high enough collector-emitter voltage rating.

Thanks.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.