BX1000D with no output? - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th September 2007, 06:09 AM   #11
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to 79twotone
Actually all of the output transistors look fine, but all 8 of the power transistors are fried. But I think I'll take your word for it and replace them all just to be on the safe side. Still waiting on a response from maxxsonics to find out what model power transistors they are. I'm guessing there TIP41C, because the numbers on the transistors weren't found on any of the electronic parts sites. Thanks again...I'll still try to get some pics up by the end of the week.
Old 18th September 2007, 08:14 PM   #12
diyAudio Member

They may look like a TIP41 but believe me they are not. What are the numbers on them that you can't find on your electronic parts sites?
Old 19th September 2007, 12:40 AM   #13
diyAudio Member

This is just just what one of them says...F M()339 F()P 65N()6. I'm guessing that they could be 0's or Q's but they're just ()'s on the transistors. I found a FQP-65N06 part number for mosfets. Maybe thats what they could be.
Old 19th September 2007, 01:14 AM   #14
diyAudio Member

The FQP65N06 is a commonly used power supply transistor. Mouser has them.

I suggested replacing the outputs earlier but after reading your more recent posts, I'm not sure which transistors have failed (other than the power supply transistors). Don't replace any parts until you've done more troubleshooting.
Old 19th September 2007, 05:31 AM   #15
diyAudio Member

Yeah its kind of hard giving info without pics, but I'm away from my digital camera until the end of the week, and cell phone pics are crappy. But thanks again for the help. This is truely a learning experience.
Old 24th February 2009, 03:10 AM   #16
diyAudio Member

Its been a while but between school and work, I haven't had much time to work on the amp but I'd still like to try to repair it. Here are some pics of the amps internals, oh yeah and sorry about bringing this post back from the dead
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 24th February 2009, 03:19 AM   #17
diyAudio Member

Did you check the output transistors to see if any are shorted? They are the ones on the left (4 top, 4 bottom) in the overall photo of the amp.
Old 24th February 2009, 03:32 AM   #18
diyAudio Member

I've actually only checked the obvious so far which were the FQP65N06's which were the ones that were damaged. The output transistors(F1310N's) which I'm guessing are the ones at the other end of the amp look fine. After reading through one of your old post you said I may need replace the FQP65N06's and the HIP4080 IC
Old 24th February 2009, 03:54 AM   #19
diyAudio Member

If there are no shorted output transistors, the HIP4080 is probably OK and won't need to be replaced.

You also need to remove and check the PNP driver transistors. One is between the transformer and the power supply FETs. It's D-shaped (looking at it from the top) and is adjacent to a diode and resistor. I can't see the one on the other side. You need to pull both of them and check them. If you don't know how to check them, use the form below and post the screen caps (instruction in the panel at the left of the form).
http://www.bcae1.com/repairbasicsfor...estpage02.html
Old 14th March 2009, 04:37 AM   #20
diyAudio Member

When checking the transistors using your page would I be checking each one all six ways recording the values for each?

Hide this!Advertise here!