Help needed with DLS speakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello, people, I am a complete newbie here, but if you can help me I would be very grateful.
For now in my new car I have Clarion HU AXZ613R with 6CD-Changer, Helix HXS236 front system.
In my previous car I had a pair of DLS Classic 962" 6x9" speakers which are great and sweet sounding!
Here is the link:
http://www.dls.se/en/car/prod.html?produkt=en_92
In my new car (Honda Civic Si Hatchback 1995.) the backboard is very unapropriate for them - thin, rattly and with big holes aside which are impossible to dampen, and I don't feel like making a new one.
Since I love the sound of 962 speakers, I asked DLS for the advice - is there a chance that I can make MDF boxes for them to put them in the trunk?
They said - yes, a sealed box of 16-20l pro speaker.
On the other hand a software called "DLS-box 2000" recommends a vented box with port of 90mm length and 70mm diameter.
Which should I use?
Also, is it better to put both speakers in one box or separate?
What are the differences?

I know that the tweeter in this case would be of almost no use, but that should not be a problem.
I am not after SP, and don't need a sub, but would love to help the main front system with some more bass.

Another thought was making a boxes for home-speakers with these, since the silk tweeter which they use has more beautiful sound then many expensive HiFi speakers.

If you want me, I can post t/s parameters also.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.