Static noise from new system

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have installed a new audio system in my 79 Toyota Corona. It had a factory AM/FM stereo with two front kickpanel speakers. The car is wired for four speakers. The new headunit is a Kenwood Excelon KDC-X491 CD player (50W x 4) and the new kickpanel speakers are Infinity REF4012I's (4 ohms). I determined the speaker connections from the vehicle wiring diagram. There is a positive for each channel (four) and a common speaker ground. The other wires are power and ground for the CD Player. That's seven wires total. I had to make connections to the factory wiring harness connector since no aftermarket harness plug is available for this car to attach to the Kenwood harness. I have not yet installed rear speakers, which will be 5x7's.

So I'm getting a terrible static/crackling from the speakers at mid to high volume, so I play it at low volume. This occurs whether the engine is running or not, and whether using the tuner or iPod source. All connections and crimps are sufficiently tight as far as I can tell. I'm using the factory antenna.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.