problem with subs or amp - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 8th September 2007, 01:35 PM   #11
diyAudio Member

well i figured out the problem with it, i got a new amp and installed it and it did kinda the same thing but then i had figured out that the ground wire on the amp was loose and the Y adapters on the back of the cd player were causing it...but i got a new amp so i dont have problems... it a sony xplod xm-2002gtw 1200 watt, sounds much better than my old one.. i am very surprised with the amp since its a walmart amp but it sounds really good..
Old 8th September 2007, 03:26 PM   #12
ppia600 is offline ppia600  United States
diyAudio Member

Glad to hear it
Old 8th September 2007, 09:14 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

but something i noticed last night and today, every now and then ill hear like a "pop" type noise come from the rear passenger side..
Old 9th September 2007, 03:01 AM   #14
diyAudio Member

We need more details on how your equipment is installed

-are the speaker soldered to the wires?
-are the speaker terminals touching the metal of the car?
-what brand rca cables do you have?
-is the amp running your highs and if so, how are the wires ran to the speakers?
-how are the radio's wires connected to the speaker wires, if there are any the deck is running (crimps or t taps, or soldered?)

If I was there to see it, we could have it figured out in less than five minutes... nothing much I can do over the interweb...
Old 9th September 2007, 01:42 PM   #15
diyAudio Member

no the speakers are not soldered, the amp is only running the subs, the deck is powering the rest, dont kno what brand the rca cables are, think tey might be monster, the deck is connected to the harness with butt conectors and plugged into the factory harness...didnt happen til i put in the bigger amp, i was thinking maybe the pressure from tthe subs was messin with the stock 6x9..

yes you ar very right, it is hard to help fix somethin or figure somethin out when you cannot actually see or hear what is going on..
Old 9th September 2007, 03:40 PM   #16
diyAudio Member

Try turning the deck bass down low and then adjusting the amp back up to get the subs back to the volume you want. Maybe the subs are pushing on the 6x9's like you said and working against the deck causing distortion. Sometimes using a capacitor inline with the speaker +'s will help. Something between 45 and 99 uf, unless your deck has a high pass filter for the front and rear, then you could use that. What model number is the deck? Should be on the faceplate somewhere. Something like cdx-.....
Old 10th September 2007, 01:20 AM   #17
diyAudio Member

its a sony xplod CDX-C410X

Hide this!Advertise here!