Equalization

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi there,

I need some advice. In order to flatten the low frequency response in a car, what are my options ?

Are there any parametric equalizers used in cars ?

I am getting a parametric EQ for home use called the Velodyne SMS-1 tommorrow which I've been told is exceptional. But now I need something for the car. The way I see it, if there is a big peak at 60 hz or any specific frequency, it could be problematic.

So what do you guys do in this case ? It's not as if there are cabin acoustic treatments, right ? If you want a nice relatively flat response where the bass is not predominently boomy because certain frequencies are overpowering others, I have to assume that parametric EQ or something similar is the means to do this.

What are your thoughts ?

--Regards,

The problem is that I'm not sure that the installers would be able to build the correct enclosure size. If I go to a car audio shop and purchase two 12" Pioneer DVC-12's (obviously there will be an enclosure size that is appropriate for those drivers) the technicians don't have custom made enclosures.

They've just got enclosures designed for 12 " or dual 12" drivers. That isn't ideal because the T/S parameters will vary from driver to driver. And I'm not handy with a saw. :D

This is why I mentioned EQ.

--Regards,

Okay, besides a linkwitz transform ( :D ) and besides having the enclosure built perfectly for a given driver, what other alternatives do I have to flatten the response and get rid of overwhelming boom ?

Is there a way to calibrate the bass from the subwoofer to integrate with the mains ?

--Regards,

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.