audiofonics 800w 2channel subwoofer amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
someone please help me!!!!! aaaarrrrggggghhhhhh!! i installed an 800watt 2 channel audiofonics sub amp in my friends mitsubishi outlander. the red protected light is on and none of the fuses are blown, even the main fuse connected to the battery. i checked all the wiring from the headunit back to the sub and amp, nada as far as anything damaged. my friend did mention that the cooling fan was making a loud noise and then simply quit working as well as the amp. what should i do besides going office space on this p.o.s. i'm open to any suggestions at this point. could the fan not working trip some sort of kill switch and is there any way to bypass this. i looked online for a replacement cooling fan but had no luck finding the right size and power. please help!!!?!!!

THANKS ALOT!!

thanks alot, that helped me regain my sanity. i tried to tell my friend that but he insisted it was the cooling fan. i told him that if the fan quit then it would cause the amp to overheat and might damage it. he wanted me to run a rockfosgate 12" sub off of it bridged and i suspect he cranked the gains up and fiddled with the lp filter after i installed everything. what make and model amplifier would you recommend for 2 12" rocks in a sealed enclosure ran in a series?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.