Please tell me something about Fosgate's Gavotte

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I got myself Jim Fosgate's Gavotte - probably the first surround sound processor for car audio ever made. I found VERY little information on internet about this unit, almost nothing. For sure, it's a very interesting device and I am going to try it very soon. If you can share any information about it, especially how it works, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you!!!

I installed it today :smash: and after listening to 20+ different recordings I am currently like this -> :bigeyes: :D :D :D
Very interesting sound. Channels separation is very unexpected - it's not just an ambient rear "fill", coming from feeding rears with front's differences, it's much, much more then that, hard to describe. On some records you can't hear much more then stereo; others, especially live performances sounds like true surround, whole image is so realistic.
Installation of this unit is so painful, I can't even find words to describe it. Having no manual is not helping either. I spent around an hour with 10 potentiometers to make all noise disappear :eek: I still think I am way off with settings.
If somebody has a manual for Jim Fosgate's Gavotte or knowledge of how to setup it properly, could you please share it? Thank you.

Gavotte Manual

I may just have a copy of the Gavotte Manual. I presently have two Gavotte's and I obtained a copy of an owner's a few years ago in the hopes of getting them up and running again.....alas they are both missing their control knobs so they have been collecting dust for the past several years.

If you could provide me with any technical information or pictures of the contol knob I would really appreciate your help on that end.

If I can find my copy of the owner's manual, I'll either fax or email you a copy if you are still looking for one.

Wow! Nice to see it's not forgotten completely. Unfortunately, I don't have a control knob too :( but unit still works and produces very interesting results without it. I opened it up to figure out what is turn-on pin, and it's #1 on DIN-5 connector :)
I'll try to dig out control knob or it's schematic... If you'll find manual, I would love to have a copy in any convenient for you form. Thank you!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.