Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th August 2007, 11:53 AM   #11
mikee55 is offline mikee55  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Default Hello I am an Idiot

Picture this

Cheers Mike
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lounge sub.jpg (82.7 KB, 78 views)
Old 13th August 2007, 12:05 PM   #12
diyAudio Member

Default JBL GTO 2000 in

Just put fuse in an fired it up. It takes place of my Maystar QXT455 4 channel amp rated 150w @13.8v x2 into 4ohms(both my amps are 2 ohm stable) . The JBL manual doesn't quote a figure, none the less it shows a picture and is bridgeable. Also its says 2/1 channel amp on the case and manual. I wired both ways and found the percieved loudness to be more or less the same, yet my Maystar bridges louder?
As for this one in the lounge, I got it fed by a 40hz 24dB Linkwitz R crossover and Linkwitz Transform @20hz, which richie00boy helped me to build. The amp is powered by a PC power supply and its problem is, when the bass goes really low, even with volume down, the speaker sort of squeeks??? The Protection led does not alter in anyway, it doesn't dim, even the fan on the PSU doesn't slow. Got me baffled. Thats 4ohm on a 2 ohm stable amp also.

Any thoughts? Mike
Old 13th August 2007, 12:17 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

Default Just add

this
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bridged.jpg (21.4 KB, 63 views)
Old 13th August 2007, 12:24 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

Default Hello Sir richie00boy

How are you?
Old 13th August 2007, 01:18 PM   #15
Did it Himself
diyAudio Member

Hi Mike, I'm OK but not got much internet access until September as I'm working away.
Old 13th August 2007, 01:45 PM   #16
diyAudio Member

Default Hell rich

I'm just pee'd off with my squeeky woofer. The GTO was dead, its no resurrected. I was curious how it would sound in the car. Will find out soon. The Maystar, I'm going to wire up after work. I've posted a sound file over on subwoofer threads. It was recorded with an MP3 stick, 20quid job, but the squeek is clear. There seems to be plenty of volume and nuffing else. Hope you can here it. I still want to buy one of your amps, but I have to knowif the Transform is correct. If the Maystar doesn't improve matters, I will reverse enginner with the spreadsheets and check the circuits calculations. When I built Linkwitz's circuit using his values, that driver rumbled and the cone flapped in and out and the room filled with low stuff, you could tell it was reaching low. And thats with the wrong values. So maybe I've got something wrong. I've no idea whats up with email. We're moving house soon, in a few weeks, and I ain't going with Orange, will be looking for another ISP. Who do you choose?

Don't work too hard.

Regards, Mike

Hide this!Advertise here!