Car simple USB/MP3 player - > weight VS performance - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 19th August 2007, 09:18 PM   #11
JinMTVT is offline JinMTVT  Canada
diyAudio Member

mmm ...from looking at 41hz.com amplifiers.
notable the AMP3 serie
it seems that this + a regular mp3 would be the easiest and most lightweight choice i can see ...

not sure how the DAC of my sony is compared to a complete dac solution, but this would though provide me with possibilities to play from ANY mp3 players with almost no required hardware

how could i use my "up and down" volume from the car to control the volume on the amp ??
it seems like a 2 way switch..
Old 19th August 2007, 10:06 PM   #12
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by JinMTVT
i will not use any subs or enclosures..so driver will have to fit to the door enclosure volume and will be of single location ( no place to put tweeters at )
Ok, that makes things a bit simpler. A pair of neodymium
coaxials should do the trick then.

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...number=267-146
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...number=267-145

The AMP32 won't rock your doors off, but I've powered a component set with one before and it was plenty loud enough for normal listening.

Quote:
Originally posted by JinMTVT
how could i use my "up and down" volume from the car to control the volume on the amp ??
it seems like a 2 way switch..
Well, you could get complicated and use the two switches to control a PGA2320 volume control chip through a PIC controller. Or, a super easy almost ghetto way would be to use the two switches to runs some relays that send power to a motorized pot to turn it up or down.
Old 19th August 2007, 11:08 PM   #13
diyAudio Moderator

You need to go retro. Velcro a boombox to the back parcel shelf.
Rick: Oh Cliff / Sometimes it must be difficult not to feel as if / You really are a cliff / when fascists keep trying to push you over it! / Are they the lemmings / Or are you, Cliff? / Or are you Cliff?
Old 19th August 2007, 11:11 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by pinkmouse
You need to go retro. Velcro a boombox to the back parcel shelf.
Al, "boombox" sounds too heavy...... how about "micro shelf system".

Click the image to open in full size.

vs.

Click the image to open in full size.

Old 22nd August 2007, 06:24 AM   #15
dangus is offline dangus  Canada
diyAudio Member

The Lyra sounds OK to me (using Koss "The Plugs" or Sony MDR-V900 headphones). There is some audible low-level digital noise if you run it into something with too much sensitivity or listen at very high levels. It'll work with 320K VBR which oughta be "good enough". It supports WMA but I don't know if it'll work with WMA Lossless.

Putting music onto it is easy: just use Windoze Explorer to copy files to the player or an SD card. I'm not sure how it figures out playing order, but albums almost always play in sequence.

There are MP3 CD portables too. The latest one I got was a Sony D-NE500, which runs off a single AA. It would be really easy to modify the wired remote to work off some other kinds of switches, since it just uses various resistor values to "encode" the switch presses. And, it resumes from the last point in a track, even with MP3s, which is very nice if you listen to long podcasts, mixes, or audio books. Most computers have at least a CDRW drive these days, so it's no big deal to burn a CDR with music, and the media is dirt cheap. No special formatting is required.
Old 23rd August 2007, 04:44 AM   #16
JinMTVT is offline JinMTVT  Canada
diyAudio Member

i very like the idea of using only a small amplifier such as the one on 40hz.com
and having a cord with an 1/4 headphone jack lying around in the car ...
anyone that gets it with most mp3 players, laptops, ipods, some phones can plug and play some of their music while i'm driving

+ if using something like my sony nw-a608...
it makes for a god damn small and lighweight system!!!

will try to amplify the output of the sony mp3 player in my Bryston 4B to see how it compares to my dac and digital out ...

Hide this!Advertise here!