Fiberglass doors - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 2nd August 2007, 03:21 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Fiberglass doors

Hey everyone, just joined the forums so I figure I will make my first post a good one. I am currently completly re-vamping the sound system in my 2001 cavalier coupe. I am replacing the stock speakers with the following.

Front Stage:

CDT ES-01
CDT ES-04
CDT ES-06

Cadence ZRS 5004
Cadence ZRS 1502

Not sure on subs or rear fill yet.

My thing is for the front stage.

The stock location for front speakers was a 4x6" speaker. I did some cutting and can now fit any size speaker in the door. I want it to look good though so I want to do some fiberglass work to the door pannels.

My question here is this:

Have any of you done any of this work and if you have can you point me towards a tutorial so I am not diving in blind or can you do your best to explain to me how to go about getting started and where to get materials. I have a system down in my head that I think will work but I want to ask around first and see if it matches anyone elses.

Thanks.
Old 3rd August 2007, 04:18 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Hey i have a similar car to yours, cavi just and 04. I am running all infinity kappa components. Honestly i would go with kickpannels You get better imaging that way. Also more of the sound stays in the cabin.. Have you considered Sound dedener? Here is a vid of my car This will show the kicks in the front. Ryan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ffCnyCUQrw

Hide this!Advertise here!