Is your sub strapped down? - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 1st August 2007, 07:04 PM   #11
diyAudio Member

I hope you replaced the original battery also. If the batteries are different, in age or type; the new battery will have a drastically reduced life span.
Old 1st August 2007, 08:41 PM   #12
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I do 60kph in cities and 120+kph in expressways regularly. if the roads aren't clogged with traffic.
Not much problem on the NLE going 120 but I've spent hours crawling down the EDSA.
Old 1st August 2007, 10:12 PM   #13
mikee55 is offline mikee55  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Default Batteries

Hello, yes both batteries are of different age, make and probably capacity too. But I never paid for either of them. Its gonna cost between £50 and £90 (£sterling) to buy the correct battery for my car, (a Vauxhall/Opel Corsa 1.5TD). Fair enough, I should buy one, but finances are maxed, and I can't waste money if there is a fault that can't be found. Damn thing is daft, I got 14.3 volts charge, 12-13 volts on the battery and the only, er Quiesent current-if you like, is a Clock display, with Date and Temperature in led form, about 50mA if memorey serves me. Oh, and the connections to and from Battery, alternator, starter, chassis and Glo-plugs, polish with my oil stone, which is meant for my woodworking blades. The main battery, up front, was starting my cousins 2.0L BMW! Don't know if thats good, but he seemed to think so!
But, for now, I'm enjoying the fact it fires straight away, (diesels don't like continuous cranking), the car seems perkier. Don't have the drop in revs as though the alternater is overloading. My head unit is starting to sound as though its had a tweak or two inside with some exotic caps and Gold plated play button. The reflex cabinated 10inch Longmill, (thanks richie00boy-http://www.readresearch.co.uk/), sounds less boomy and more refined. Kate Bush's Ariel is starting to sound Hi-fi rather than SPL boom boom hip hop whatever

Sorry for ranting.

Mike

Hide this!Advertise here!