SPL slot enclosure design

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I haven't decide on the subs and amps ( I might need recommendation on these as well). As for the car, it's Honda Civic sedan type.

I would like to know if the different type of car requires different frequency tuning for the enclosure and how can we find out what frequency?

What is the best location to put the enclosure? Trunk? Backseat?

How should the sub and slot facing?

I've heard that but putting a layer of glass inside the enclosure will actually help to increase the dB. is this true?

And bunch of others tips and tricks will be much appreciated

What kind of prics are you looking at? www.audioque.com has some great subwoofer(currently upgrading thier models). I had an sd2.5 15", hit 142.9 off a dbm-2.

What kind of vehicle do you have? The trunk is where you'll need to put it. sub facing the back and port facing the side usually has good results.

And you probobly heard fiberglass, i wouldn't think you meant actuall glass. putting a layer of resin in the enclosure will help.

as far as tuning goes, that depens on listener, sub, box space,etc.

If you need someone to design/build a spl enclosure www.outlawsoundsystems.com

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.