Punch 800.2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The transistors are soldered on. The easiest way to desolder/resolder them is to use a 'small' butane torch like the one radio shack sells.

Attachments

• ttradioshacktorchb.jpg
    ttradioshacktorchb.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 133
Thanks Perry,

I feel like an idiot. 2 years ago I rebuilt a RF and I chipped the FETS off with a chisel and hammer, and then glued the new ones on with thermal adhesive. It worked, I still have the amp, but I wish I would have know then. Thanks again.:bawling:

Class D amp part substitution

Perry,

I read your "Basic Car Audio Repair" and found it very informative! I never knew that the class D amps were so finicky when it comes to part substitutions. I'm in the process of rebuilding some Diamond class D amps and was wonder about part substitutions.
The first is a Diamond D6 1500.1
I'm having trouble finding SSP45N20B, the closest equivalent part is a SSS45N20B from Mouser which is fully insulated. If I use it, I would take out the insulator sheet right? But would this dissipate heat as efficiently as the SSP?
I plan on reselling the amp on ebay when I'm done and don't want someone breaking a week latter and the buyer sending it back.
Any recomendations?

Thanks Perry,

By the way I purchased your amplifier repair DVD. Can't wait to see it. You should see a paypal payment from me soon(vanhoutens@embarqmail.com)

Thanks again for the help.

I'll start a new thread next week to update everyone on my progress with the Diamond amp.

It was mailed today.

Start a new thread for the Diamond amp if you need help with it. There are 2 versions of it if I'm not mistaken so you may need to post a photo of it to prevent confusion.

If you can still edit your message, you may want to remove your email address so it doesn't get into one of the many spam databases.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.