Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th July 2007, 08:02 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Unhappy JVC Car Stereo, Intelligent EQ, Hurts Ears

Hello, I have a JVC in dash car stereo and I've had it for about 3 years now. When I first installed it, it really hurt my ears. It took about 3 weeks before I could stand to listen to it. I spent that time fooling around trying to set my Intelligent EQ hoping to find a setting that wouldn't cause my ears pain or pressure. After 3 weeks I just assumed I had found a good setting. Well, last week I lost power to my car and in the process lost my sound setting on my stereo. So basically I was back to scratch again. Now again it's hurting my ears. I feel like there's pressure in my ear and there's also pain and ringing. I can't understand how I could have listened to this for 3 years and it's had amazing sound that I enjoyed now all of a sudden I can't stand to listen to it cause my ears hurt to bad.

The EQ settings options are: Low Level, Low Width and Low Frequency; Mid Level, Mid Width; and High Level, High Frequency. There is also an option for Loud "On" of "Off".

I've spent the past week making every combination of settings I could think of. Nothing is helping though. As soon as I turn my cd player on, my ears fill up with pressure and start aching. I even turned the volume down to 1 and it still hurt my ears. I'm wondering if there's some frequency that is causing the pressure in my ears.

Does anyone know anything about sound or equalizers that can tell me what could be causing this awful pain?

Ryan

Hide this!Advertise here!