audio control series II eqx will not power up

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have an audio control eqx series II that for some reason or another will not power up . Checked all connections to unit 12v ground and remote turn on wires all seem to be good . I would like to fix this unit myself. Anyone have a wiring schematic or some insight into what I should check on the circuit board? I am a newbie with electronic repair.

Send it to Audio Control they have reasonable rates.
The power supply is not complicated, but if your new it will be up hill to tech out.

I have seen bad caps cause it not operate, I have seen these get Reversed polarity put to them and this causes a whole bunch of possible failures. ( burnt traces, to blown up transistors and chips)

I have seen the power transformers short out on these a lot, and thats a Audio control only part, so you end up going to them for that part for sure.

My friend has one now that needs a transformer. These also use a 5 pin LM series switch mode control chip this also takes a dive from time to time depending on how it was treated.

Maybe some one here has a schematic, but I would not count on it. Look them up on the web and give them a call, maybe they will release you a document. After all the thing is nowhere near new

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.