Sub box design...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey everyone, I recently just got a small sealed box with two JL 10" W6's. I'm really not impressed with the sound, and I know it's because the small sealed box.

I want to build a box that I know is going to be able to get really low, and really high. 20-125 would be great, but that may be asking too much.

Anyhow, does anyone have any box designs for me that will cover a huge range?

A long time ago I built two death boxes, one tuned low, one tuned high. And a Wicked One, but I don't even remember how that sounded it was so long ago. I hear it covers a good range, but maybe someone has a better idea.

Thanks for the help.

My advice would be to chat to a guy here in the UK called Erskine Fenty. He is an amazing box designer and would design a triple chamber externally ported bandpass box for those Jls. His designs play VERY low but are suprisingly very musical too. I have a pair of SS subs in one of his enclosures and the are really hard fast AND low.

He does charge a small amount, but the plans you receive will be spot on - each box is designed for your specific car, musical taste and subs...

http://www.x-bb.org/~efmax/

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.