diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Car Audio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/car-audio/)
-   -   BC517 replacement (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/car-audio/105012-bc517-replacement.html)

msm677 10th July 2007 10:37 AM

BC517 replacement
 
Any replacement for BC517 (silicon planar epitaxial darlington transistor complimentary to BC516)? I cant find any store here in philippines that has this.

please help me. thanks.

acid_k2 10th July 2007 11:38 AM

Try this one: MPSW45

Datasheet: http://www.onsemi.com/pub/Collateral/MPSW45-D.PDF

It's difficult to find an equivalent transistor, BC517 has a very high Hfe... :(

msm677 10th July 2007 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by acid_k2
Try this one: MPSW45

Datasheet: http://www.onsemi.com/pub/Collateral/MPSW45-D.PDF

It's difficult to find an equivalent transistor, BC517 has a very high Hfe... :(


if i'm going to replace BC517 with MPSW45, should i replace all the other BC517 in my amplifier? I think I have 4 or more of them

msm677 10th July 2007 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by acid_k2
Try this one: MPSW45

Datasheet: http://www.onsemi.com/pub/Collateral/MPSW45-D.PDF

It's difficult to find an equivalent transistor, BC517 has a very high Hfe... :(


between MPSW45-D and 2N6426, what will I choose to replace BC517? or are there any suggestion(s)? please help me.

thanks.

acid_k2 11th July 2007 11:36 AM

I think MPSW45A and 2N6426 are similar to BC517, both are good.

If you are repairing an amplifier, you have to replace necessarily all BROKEN components!!! :D

If you have to build a new amplifier, replace all BC517 with an equivalent one (MPSW45A or 2N6426)

:att'n: Attention: pin configuration of MPSW45A and 2N6426 is different from BC517!

msm677 11th July 2007 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by acid_k2
I think MPSW45A and 2N6426 are similar to BC517, both are good.

If you are repairing an amplifier, you have to replace necessarily all BROKEN components!!! :D

If you have to build a new amplifier, replace all BC517 with an equivalent one (MPSW45A or 2N6426)

:att'n: Attention: pin configuration of MPSW45A and 2N6426 is different from BC517!

I'm repairing my old earthquake pa-4050c amplifier? I tried finding these 2 transistors and none here sells this kind. any suggestion or replacement for BC517? please help.

acid_k2 12th July 2007 12:21 PM

Last attempt
 
2 Attachment(s)
-1- try finding them in internet shop of your country or near your country...

-2- look at the attached picture:
a darlington transistor is 2 transistor "in series" to obtain an high gain, so you can try that:

-find 2 normal NPN transistor, 1A, 40V,
-connect the pins like the schematic in the picture,
-you have a typical darlington transistor...
:bigeyes:

Good luck;)

msm677 12th July 2007 03:02 PM

Re: Last attempt
 
Quote:

Originally posted by acid_k2
-1- try finding them in internet shop of your country or near your country...

-2- look at the attached picture:
a darlington transistor is 2 transistor "in series" to obtain an high gain, so you can try that:

-find 2 normal NPN transistor, 1A, 40V,
-connect the pins like the schematic in the picture,
-you have a typical darlington transistor...
:bigeyes:

Good luck;)

thanks, i'll try it.


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:53 PM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2