BC517 replacement

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I think MPSW45A and 2N6426 are similar to BC517, both are good.

If you are repairing an amplifier, you have to replace necessarily all BROKEN components!!! :D

If you have to build a new amplifier, replace all BC517 with an equivalent one (MPSW45A or 2N6426)

:att'n: Attention: pin configuration of MPSW45A and 2N6426 is different from BC517!

acid_k2 said:
I think MPSW45A and 2N6426 are similar to BC517, both are good.

If you are repairing an amplifier, you have to replace necessarily all BROKEN components!!! :D

If you have to build a new amplifier, replace all BC517 with an equivalent one (MPSW45A or 2N6426)

:att'n: Attention: pin configuration of MPSW45A and 2N6426 is different from BC517!

I'm repairing my old earthquake pa-4050c amplifier? I tried finding these 2 transistors and none here sells this kind. any suggestion or replacement for BC517? please help.

Last attempt

-1- try finding them in internet shop of your country or near your country...

-2- look at the attached picture:
a darlington transistor is 2 transistor "in series" to obtain an high gain, so you can try that:

-find 2 normal NPN transistor, 1A, 40V,
-connect the pins like the schematic in the picture,
-you have a typical darlington transistor...
:bigeyes:

Good luck;)

Attachments

• bc517.jpg
    bc517.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 585
Re: Last attempt

acid_k2 said:
-1- try finding them in internet shop of your country or near your country...

-2- look at the attached picture:
a darlington transistor is 2 transistor "in series" to obtain an high gain, so you can try that:

-find 2 normal NPN transistor, 1A, 40V,
-connect the pins like the schematic in the picture,
-you have a typical darlington transistor...
:bigeyes:

Good luck;)

thanks, i'll try it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.