Smps 36-0-36 500w

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi!

I want to create SMPS.

I have this schematics (pic)... and ETD49 core. I place of MTP75N06 will use four pairs BUZ11 or IRF 540.

Will it be enough with ETD49 for 500W?.... or how much power can produce this core?

If it is right ....how many turns and what kind of wires should I use?

Thanks!

Attachments

• p89-f1.gif
    p89-f1.gif
    12.7 KB · Views: 938
Hi

Well I can't realy help you there, because I don't know what wire you have/can get. I have 0.5mm dia wire and make my own litz wire. cross section of those wires has to be as big as from single wire rated for that current. Assuming 500w and 13v input voltage there will be 40A going in each primary, so each pri must be rated for that current or more. Same with secondarys.

I have added a pdf, which has a table where you can see what wire can conduct what current. So I look for "single wire, open air". This is because I think you will be using this smps for audio, and the load is not 100% at all times, so you can afford this. So for 40A, wire has to be a bit less then AWG 12, or 0.08" in diameter. If EU this is 2mm. Whis wire has cross section of 3.25mm^2. So you should use xx wires in parallel to get this cross section. You do same for sec. I you will use ETD you will peobably put both PRI first and then both SEC.

Attachments

• wire size.pdf
    26.4 KB · Views: 299
Thanks!

Wires I can get all diameters... its no problem... now I know all to build SMPS :)

Only problem is to figure out how to set it to more output voltage than 35... as I know SG3525 can operate not more than 35... but i don't want to remove feedback because I don't know will my amp hold the unload voltages... they are much more than 35 without feedback... or maybe I am wrong!?

Hi

What are you tolking about. If you are building it for car, then SG will be powered from battery(12-14v). You can get any output voltge you want, even if a lot more then +/-35v. Transformer ratio will have to be changed, but that not a big deal.I would use feedback, so you can get high power without any sag in output voltage. Do you have any schema of what you are trying to build?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.