PPI A600 Transistors? c2344 and a1011

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
you should do a search using your browser to find these. they are fairly common place at ampslab here :

http://www.ampslab.com/trans_2sa1011.htm

plus other places like www.acecomponents.com , and many other places even here on this forum under the market place and electronics and parts .
if you have to they most probably can be replaced with the same device as the outputs, or a TIP-41C & 42C as I have seen in many other amps like Hifonics etc.... its the insulated case thats special about that device make sure you have insulators underneath it if you use a replacement that has a metal base.

hope this helps :)

It is nice. I'm just waiting for parts now. I can't wait to get it up and running. I'm replacing the a1011, c2344, fesf8dt, bdt81, bdt82, and irfz34 components. I figure i might as well do all these while I'm in there. I'm using nte398 and nte375 to replace a1011 and c2344. NTE597 will replace the fesf8dt. I found IR irfz34, bdt82, and bdt81. I wanted to use irfz44 for the irfz34 but I could not find them except for bulk. Does this sound like it will work?

Thanks,

Corradolvr, CET

Yeah, but I'd definately replace all of the output transistors at the same time, at least for the bad channel. I'm sure someone already said it, but try to get them all from the same batch with same date codes stamped on them. Also be sure to replace all of the power supply transistors at the same time, it will definately be worth it and cheaper in the long run because you won't be replacing them again.

Hey Corradolvr.... How much did all the transistors cost? I'm trying to get a ball park figure before I send my A600 in to get fixed. I'd do it myself but don't have experience fixing electronics..In my post you said your PPI was like new after replacing the transistors so I may recommend your part numbers when I send it in.

BTW, I've been a Corrado lover since 1989!! Had three since then. Got an old school G-60 in my garage that my PPI came out of. So my experience is more in wrenching and tuning rather than electronics.

Have a great day....Spoilers up!

JK

Hey, I got a VRT. VR6 turbo charged that is. Corrado lover for life. '92 VR6 Euro 2.9. I had to pay about $60 for all the transistors. I ordered from futurlec.com and Allied Electronics. The transistors from futurlec were not all good though. I had a few that I tested after I found some were bad and 2 not installed were bad too. I found out the hard way even though I know better. Test before you solder! Anyway I got another PPI A600 I'm working on. does anybody know of an easier way for testing the transistors? I always pull every single one off and test it individually. Just because I don't have a schematic. Are there better replacements for the bdt81 & 82's? Are there any typical problems that occur in PPI A600's?

Thanks,

Corradolvr, CET

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.