SoundStream Reference 604 help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just got this amp out of a vehicle that burned down. Long story short it doesnt work. I get the green and yellow LED's on when the switch is in the "high Current" mode and red in the "High Power" mode. The resistor shown in the pic is smoking. Also the board was black from soot so i cant tell if anyhting is in fact burned.

Attachments

• dcp_3312.1.jpg
    dcp_3312.1.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 220
Shorted and have you replaced all the caps and coils that have been removed off the board, they are the power supply by the way, and you should never run this amp out of its case as a sink for the heat build up on the transistors. you will finish whatever the fire did not by not having the sink attached to the board correctly

The amp is worth maybe 200 or 300 bucks in perfect condition, and you will never see that by repairing it, so WHY fiddle with it?

I do this professionally all day long and I would scrap it, or use it as a door stop, But don't think it will ever be right for little money, as it got well toasted in the fire.

Transistor deplore heat and well you have a well baked amp here with a very unhealthy dose of carbonized build up probably shorting out a lot more than you can see.

Sorry mang, but your spinning your wheels on this one:bigeyes:

PS I am saving your pics you post for my clients as a " Does you amp look like this, sort of thing"

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.