What is a Ok replacement for FB42N20D ???

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
You must be working on a MTX amp. have you tried the IR replacement part finder on the International rectifier site. Or the ST part finder on the St site.

Just a suggestion as I know what you mean about there price I think they are discontinued, so it won't get any better.

The sss parts are fully encapsulated so if you use them you need to remove the original insulator.

They are also rated at only 80% of the current compared to the 42n20d. If the owner destroyed the higher rated ones, the others have very little chance of surviving.

FAI has the 42n20d in stock. If you buy 100 pcs, you can get them for less than $2.50 each. They are relatively common so it's a good part to keep in stock.

Perry Babin said:
The sss parts are fully encapsulated so if you use them you need to remove the original insulator.

They are also rated at only 80% of the current compared to the 42n20d. If the owner destroyed the higher rated ones, the others have very little chance of surviving.

FAI has the 42n20d in stock. If you buy 100 pcs, you can get them for less than $2.50 each. They are relatively common so it's a good part to keep in stock.

Yeah, that's true. These sub amps are always over-abused. Thank you so much for the information about FAI. Very good price :up:

help anyone, Im currently working on an MTX thunder 1501d. some 42n20d is burnt out. what is likely a replacement if im unable to get them back, or what could be used?
I have also noticed an almost similar circuit, designed for coustic but made by MTX...in that design they used IRF250 for the outputs. on the MTX board ive also noticed that there are blank leg spacing for larger FETs, can these large IRF250 used in the output of the MTX 1501D Thunder?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.