Expedition -HU that takes cd changer,vhs,+dvd - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 24th June 2007, 04:23 AM   #1
drwang is offline drwang  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Expedition -HU that takes cd changer,vhs,+dvd

I'm going to work on my dad's Ford Expedition. Huge vehicle = big fun project. I will start out by listing the stock system specs.

Stock:
It has the Mach 1 sound system (basically just an 8" sub in the back) with a 6-cd disk changer + VHS tape player hooked up to a roof display unit. 2 front and 2 rear 6x8 speakers + 8" woofer.

Upgrade to:
I'm looking for a suitable headunit that will accept dvds to take full advantage of the display unit. Also, I would like to use the stock cd disk changer and VHS tape player as well. I will be adding an xbox to the system after the audio portion is complete as well.

6x8 speakers will be removed for adpaters to accomodate 6.5" speakers all amped. Considering rainbows(SLCs) for this car because the contours are working great in my mustang.

I'm still debating on whether the 8" woofer will be replaced with another 8" woofer in the same housing, or just get an external enclosure. I might use the stock to keep the SUV as stock looking as possible because I love the Eddie Bauer stock look with the leather and carpet. Perhaps elemental designs 8" will do but still looking around at that, or IDQ if they made an 8". I have a Fi BTL 12" laying around which I might drop into this system as well if I decide to abandon the 8"

Any comments/advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Or links on how to do anything in this Ford Expedition, or links to other people's Expeditions. I'm open to all ideas. Thanks!

Hide this!Advertise here!