system setup

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just sold my system in my yukon and im gonna upgrade it to make it sound alot better then it did. First off i had mb quart 5 1/4" components in the front and back doors which to me sounded like *** so im wondering what you guys recomend i want screaming loud mids and highs but also want them to sound good as well do i go with new components or do i go with coaxials and what brands are good to get screaming mids and highs?? the subs ive choose are digital designs 4 12" i have a hifonics colossus xx and a colossus xi which one should i use for theese subs to get very loud and i have a pxa h510 by alpine a digital sound processer is that good or junk it and go with something else?? please let me know i would greatly appericate it

Your head unit seems just fine, though I have a few questions:
Does it come with internal crossovers?
Can you set left/right delays independently?

As far as speakers go, I recommend a set of components, and ONLY in front. Unless you are listening to quad or surround sound in your vehicle, you should only install front speakers. Period.

I really was impressed with the Rainbow Systems component set. You can pick these up on eBay if so inclined, and of course YGWYPF. If you are able to fit it, 6 1/2" is better than 5", because you get better midbass. Biamping helps, too, if you have enough amplifier channels. Don't use the head unit to power your speakers. Most critical is to cross the speakers over at 80Hz or higher, to get rid of the bass. Only by doing this can you pump a lot of watts into the fronts and get your "screaming loud mids and highs" with good quality at the same time. That's why either your head unit or amp needs the crossover.

As far as a sub goes, I'm of the persuasion to use a single sub with a lot of power, as I don't require heart stopping bass. I just augment with a sub. 4-12" is going to overpower your system with bass, so I would think you should be satisfied no matter how you hook them up. That's moving a lot of air. If you can provide some specs on your amps that would help.

the digital sound processer doesnt have internal crossovers at all i was using the amp crossovers and the crossovers that came with the component set the alpine pxa-h510 has an eq and time delay thats about all it does as far as the amps the colossus xx is 1600x2 at 1ohm and 3200x1 at 2ohm the colossus is 600x2 at 4 ohm 1200x 2at 2 ohm and 2400x1 at 4 ohm the subs im gonna go with are the digital desins 2512's is what digital designs recomended

that would be loud as hell.

you would need around 3-4 sets of coaxes or separates powered at about 150-200wrms each just to keep up with those subs.

a friend of mine has two DD 9515's powered at 2000w each.

he uses four sets of 6.5" GTi separates on custom front doors. can't remember how much power he's pushing through them though....

mike49504 said:
I just sold my system in my yukon and im gonna upgrade it to make it sound alot better then it did. First off i had mb quart 5 1/4" components in the front and back doors which to me sounded like *** so im wondering what you guys recomend i want screaming loud mids and highs but also want them to sound good as well do i go with new components or do i go with coaxials and what brands are good to get screaming mids and highs?? the subs ive choose are digital designs 4 12" i have a hifonics colossus xx and a colossus xi which one should i use for theese subs to get very loud and i have a pxa h510 by alpine a digital sound processer is that good or junk it and go with something else?? please let me know i would greatly appericate it

What kind of amp were you running for those MBQ's? I've used them for years and with the right amount of power those things will scream.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.