Amp problems - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th June 2007, 06:25 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Amp problems

Hello, I am new to all of this and any help would be greatly appreciated. I recently had a kicker kx 700.5 go into protection. When it went into protection all my audio gear shut off. The head unit came back on but my other amp a Soundstream VGA1600.2 powered on with no output. I pulled the cover on the SS and 2 wires on a torroid were broken just above the board. I replaced the torroid and it still won't work. Both the rail voltage lights come on (+ and -). Now on to the Kicker! I looked at the Kicker for the obvious and found nothing. I have since upgraded, but would love to have the Big SS back pushing my 15's. As for the Kicker it would be nice to have for the girlfriends car. Is there anybody that would be interested in repairing these if it is over my head (which I am sure it is)????
Old 17th June 2007, 07:19 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Somebody throw me a bone please! I am a newbie and need help!
Old 17th June 2007, 10:43 PM   #3
KyferEz is offline KyferEz  United States
diyAudio Member

You could always search the net for amplifier repair. Here's somewhere you can send them: http://www.db-r.com/repairs/index.html

Note I'm not affiliated, and haven't used them before, but based on info on their site, I would def. consider them if I couldn't fix an amp myself.
Old 19th June 2007, 04:30 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

id be inrested in fixing thoose amps for u since i have all the parts for both of them laying around and i would give u an estimate before any work is done if inrested please let me know my email is fosgate20012001@yahoo.com by the way i live in michigan and both amps would be about $60.00 to $75.00 plus parts to fix if interested please let me know

Hide this!Advertise here!