Precision Power Ax606.2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

Can anyone help me with schematics and an owners manual for the PPI Ax606.2 amplifier?
Sold my PC6600 last year and regret it, so I bought myself a new PPI with the features I wanted the PC6600 to have. :D
Are there any other differences between Ax606.2 and PRO650 than chassis?
Any recommended tweaks for this amp? Changing the opamps to OPA4124s etc.?

You will changing a huge number of op-amps. If I were you I would make sure the power supply can take the increased current load to drive all those Op-amps...

Sorta been there and done that a few times myself, maybe my hid-sight will be helpful to you in some way. BB op-amps draw higher current levels, so they just don't drop in without some thought and some math, especially with the number of op-amps your talking about changing out.:)

Alcaid said:
Thanks for the reply,

What about the schematics and an owners manual, anybody got one?

lol lol lol Good luck on service manuals. PPI was bought by Directed and they like others rarely support amps over 5 years old in any fashion at all. So schematics will be heaven sent if available at all.
They are really not that complicated to work on, or reverse engineer, just takes time.

Best of luck though, if you get a scheme please e-mail or PM me a copy if possible for my files

:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.