Need help identifying an early hifonics Zeus

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It looks like someone machined off the short fins on the top of the sink and bolted another heatsink to the top of the amp. If this was produced by ZED, I'd think it was a prototype.

The amp had 3 different rails that were switched to the outputs as the output signal changed in amplitude. This made it run cool and that's why they didn't have large fins. This was a selling point for the amp.

Thanks for the responses :)

Perry Babin said:
It looks like someone machined off the short fins on the top of the sink and bolted another heatsink to the top of the amp. If this was produced by ZED, I'd think it was a prototype.

The amp had 3 different rails that were switched to the outputs as the output signal changed in amplitude. This made it run cool and that's why they didn't have large fins. This was a selling point for the amp.

Any chance someone has pictures of an unmodified amp from this series? If I can determine that this is a prototype I might put some time into it, if its been modified then I'll probably just store it.

Based on some of the "crazyness" going on internally I'd lean towards prototype.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.