hifonics colossus amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi I own a colossus xx amp 3200 watts rms and im gonna upgrade my subs but my question is the colossus amp is the amp any good i know back in the day the series 8 hifonics amps made by zed audio were all that plus some so im wondering if this new colossus xx amp is all that or is it just junk im looking to put 4 12" digital design subs in my yukon but wondering if the amp will do good for me or should i get a new amp as well any help would be greatly appericated

Personally I don't think the newer generations are as clean sounding as the early generations and they're definately not understating the output. However if I had the choice of using one I already own or purchasing something else I'd use the Colossus.

As long as you go with a set of subs that need less than 3200 watts you should be happy. This way you're not pushing the amp to levels that cause more distortion. I'd also recommend using the balanced inputs if possible.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.