Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th May 2007, 12:30 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to ThSpeakerDude88
Default Infinity 2 ohm 6x9's.. anyone?

Does anyone have any experience with these speakers? They seem a bit expensive, but having 2 ohm 6x9's does make it easy for one to use a cheap and easy to build 30 watt RMS chipamp.

My question about these is the bass responce, as I know infinities have good mids and highs that is not a concern. I currently have some cheap sony x-plods in my falcon, with a "stated responce of 27hz-20khz". I believe this might possibly be a lie? By the way let it be known here that I am not too fond of sony products.

I had a pair of durabands from wal-mart in there before, 25 watts RMS , 90db sensativity, and listed responce of 50hz-15khz. They FAR outperformed the sony's when it came to the bass department. My tests were performed using the same 15wpch chipamp that I had built, and the bass was pretty impressive for 6x9's.

The inifnitys are listed as 46hz-20khz. Will they perform better than the durabands in the bass department? I for one think it is pretty pathetic that the durabands far surpassed the sony's , and with less cone flex than the sonys.

The durabands are so much better that I placed one in my mono location in the package tray ( in the middle between the other two ) and ran it off of the 15 watt amp on the sub channel from my head unit. The single 6x9 outperforms both sony's at the same time and goes a lot lower.

If the infinitys will perform better than the durabands then I will purchase them, but I would like to make sure first since the high price and avalability only online makes me a bit weary of making a decision without knowing if it will help the situation or not.

BTW: while the sony's are LOUD, they sound horrid with their harsh mids and highs.

Hide this!Advertise here!