Infinity Kappa Perfect vs. Diamond D6 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 25th April 2007, 02:48 PM   #1
chcc5th is offline chcc5th  United States
diyAudio Member

Question Infinity Kappa Perfect vs. Diamond D6

Can anyone help me make an informed decision on this one?

I previously had a 4-ohm SVC Kappa Perfect 12" and really liked it, but now I have moved to a Kenwood Excelon KAC-X10D (600w RMS @ 2ohms) as my sub amp, and need a DVC sub so I can run it at 2ohms.

It seems that I am "stuck" in the mid-range for subs, meaning that high-end subs are all rated for more power than I have available. (A Diamond D9 is rated at 800w RMS) So here are the choices I feel would be a good match for my power supply:

Infinity Kappa Perfect 12d VQ
Diamond Audio D612D4

I will have the sub in a 1.25 cu ft sealed enclosure. I am looking for a sub that will be move some air, but be accurate.

Thanks for your help!
Old 7th May 2007, 05:14 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Kappa Perfect VQ woofers are the only woofers with adjustable motors. Kappa Perfect Woofers include adjustable Q. The strength of the motor can be adjusted to perform optimally in ANY enclosure. Two meteal inserts are included with the woofer, and detailed instructions explain the adjustability completely in simple terms.

Sealed boxes provide flat accurate freqeuncy response and can provide bass well below 20 hrz in a car.

Vented boxes provide more bass output in the 40 to 60 hrtz region in a car. They also make better use of the amplifier power.

Too much power converted into heat will destroy a speaker. Kappa Perfect VQ subwoofers use a 3 inch voice-coil, which will provide plenty of heat dissapating surface area.

Stitched-on and insulated tinsel leads eliminate lead slap and provides better reliability than any other tinsel lead treatment.

Vented polepiece and basket reduce the mechanical noise caused by air rushing through the motor and the spider, making the sound of the woofer more difficult to localize.

Youll be very happy with the Kappa Perfect VQ!

Gary Biggs

Hide this!Advertise here!