Kenwood KAC 846 Problems

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I jumped into a thread a week or so ago as I too had issues with this amp. Thanks to the people on this site I was able to determine that I had 2 output transistors that were shot and where to order replacements online. THANKS for that!!

So they came in today and I replaced the bad for the good and crossed my fingers. I installed 2 10amp fuses instead of the recommended 20amp and wired it in. It is not blowing any fuses at low power but the power supply has a minor ticking sound to it. There is no output on 3 of the channels but on the 4th, the ticking sound form the PS is amplified out to the speakers.

I am hoping for next steps as I am lost now.........

Thanks in advance!!

Try turning VR 12 fully counter-clockwise.

If the amp won't power up normally with the pot fully CCW, turn it fully clockwise. If it still won't power up normally, return it to the fully counter-clockwise position and pull Q114 and Q116.

Check to see if there is a short or a low ohm reading between any of the legs.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.