I am keeping this journal for my own record. There is no new engineering in this project. This is just my own journey while building my first tube amp.
Major milestone achieved today. I finally took the plunge and cut the aluminum. I am very happy with the results. Each and every part fits perfectly.
I planned this project around Front Panel Express. I used their tool designing and redesigning the lay out until I was confident in my layout and fit. Problem is FPE is expensive. Then I saw some comments from other builders that the edge FPE leaves is not really finished. I went searching for a more cost effective solution. I landed on cutting using WaterJet while searching for local CNC shops. There is a company in Toronto close to where I work www.pva-enterprises.com
that has an advanced waterjet cutting machine. I exported my FPE file and sent it in for a quote. Given I need a left and a right panel for the 2 mono's I got them to cut both panels...