So I have almost all of the parts (yeah I know) for my YARPS power supply. As part of the order I got myself a prototyping breadboard.
I've knocked up one half of the yarps power supply, ie the positive side, and hooked it up to my old model railroad transformer which has a 15V output.
Parts still to be ordered are the dual secondary 15V transformer and some 50K trim pots. However I had enough to make one side of the dual rail supply.
It didn't smoke, and the CRCRC part of the PS works very nicely
Pics attached at the end.
I need to do a further test with BC560c's with different HFE's to see whether this affects the output voltage (my suspicion is that it will). I put a 36K resistor (which I had at hand) in place of the 50K pot and only got 8.6V even though spice said I should get 9.13V with that value resistor so something isn't working as per the sim, the use of a pot certainly seems to be required to get the desired voltage...