Had this running for a few weeks now, and the sound coming from the Sonys altogether better, now just a bit bass heavy rather than treble shy. The speakers are mounted right next to the ceiling in the room corners, so not really a surprise.
I have simulated the crossover and equalisation circuit of the preamp section, and realised that I can add a variable resistor to adjust the amount of bass boost the circuit gives, not a horrible mod, just one pot, and a new cap, just need some time to do it.
The not passive pre has no muting circuit in at present, so power sequencing is required. I intend to make it direct coupled at the output. To do this I am planing to do a micro controller servo loop. When I made the Class A digital amplifier, mentioned earlier I used an opamp servo, and I can state that this circuit does definitely have an effect on the sound.
In the interests of minimalism the Not Passive Pre II is already being...