Posted 8th January 2017 at 01:35 AM bygooglyone Updated 8th January 2017 at 01:49 AM bygooglyone
Well here I am at the end of another summer holiday - with yet another thing I have built for which I have absolutely no plans at all!
I have over the years built several (several dozen I would expect!) discrete operational amplifiers. The challenge I set myself here was:
- Actually get some proper measurements of it's performance, now that I have some test gear that is up to the job.
- Make the device in something close to a DIL-8 package. (slight fail here but close enough)
- Use some of the multitude of parts I have collected of late.
- The ability to configure the op amp as a buffer or amplifier with non-inverting gain. This means adding feedback resistors and a DC block cap.
- The ability to include input RF filter (typical few hundred ohms series and 1nF across the input)
The schematic won't surprise anyone - over the years I have designed ridiculously complex and simple amplifiers, and have run...