I got to the point with my new audio DSP / crossover that I had no more excuse not to load the remaining PCB's I had manufactured.
I initially only loaded one of them, on the basis that if I had a clanger in the layout I could get a new spin of the boards.
Well the thing is all working and I have updated the DAC board - so the remaining five boards needed loading. I find a bit of PCB manufacture and loading to be quite therapuetic - as my previous blog entries will show.
This weekend I found my limit - loading the SMD's for these five boards - by hand in my toaster oven - took about three hours, then loading all the through hole parts, particularly headers and power supply parts blew away I would guess six more hours. I am over it!!!!
They do look pretty though!
The only part remainig to be loaded on these boards is the ADAU1442 regulstor transistor. Thay will allow me to...