Next Gen Amplifier from Aussieamplifiers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi SuperAudioBuff

Yep 150 watts @ 8 Ohms is just the beginning.
The current PCB has been designed to take Dual Die Laterals from Semefab. This will allow power o/p of 300 watts+ @ 8 Ohms
or around 400 watts @ 4 Ohms. Depending on the supply rail of cause

Is That enough for you?:D

I will be supplying Single and Dual die Laterals at very low prices compared to Profusion prices...

Hi Microchip

Thanks for the encouragement

hi Anthony Congratulations
as a concept looks really goood!! go for it
practically though it would go as far as you could take it

good luck i hope it turns out the best

Greetings

Klaus Herz PH>d

Amp. design resembles the "Crescendo" design from Elektor.
Am using these with great satisfaction(after a lot of mods.) since 1982. Difference is the normal transistors used for the input and driver stage. Offset is no problem if you use an offset circuit to get rid of it. I have them completely DC coupled and they sound great at low volumes, comparing them to the UCD400 amps. they only lack high power level punch.

The NX150 is rather similar to many of the circuits in the Audio Amateur Power Amp book I have. Borbely tends to favour this sort of circuit but with JFETs and more complication.
The closest thing to this circuit I have seen is the 2nd gen Michell Alecto, which is very similar indeed.

The NX150 topology looks closes to the pass A75 topology. Even the input diff pair mosfets are the same.

It’s a tempting offer I would be interested to know the price of a stereo pair of kits with all the board components. Anthony praises the amp very highly, with this much praise it had better compare favorably to the UCD amps.

I think it’s very sensible to sell all the parts needed to construct the amp board. I don’t want to admit how many projects I have purchased boards for that I have not built because I was too lazy to source all the parts.

Good Luck and all the best Anthony.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.