nxV recommendation for Magnepan MG 3.7

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello Anthony,

could you recommend (sound quality 1st!) one of your mono nxV modules
for the Magnepan MG 3.7 ?

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Best regards,
Oliver

Hello Oliver

To drive the magnepan I would recommend the nxV500 module or the nxV300
for best sound quality.

I hope this helps Oliver.

Kind regards

Anthony

I'm now using nxV500 to drive my MG12.
My power amplifier based on nxV500 just finished a few hours before, I will post some pics here later.
Thanks Anthony, you did a good job, the modules performance is very very good! Relax but no lost of details, especially the silkly high-freq, no harsh, very smooth, pin point focus, wide open sound with very good resolution!

Regards,
Kenneth Lau

I'm now using nxV500 to drive my MG12.
My power amplifier based on nxV500 just finished a few hours before, I will post some pics here later.
Thanks Anthony, you did a good job, the modules performance is very very good! Relax but no lost of details, especially the silkly high-freq, no harsh, very smooth, pin point focus, wide open sound with very good resolution!

Regards,
Kenneth Lau

Thanks Kenneth

I am very happy you like the nxV500 sound and build quality.
I look forward to seeing some of your photos of your build.

Cheers

Anthony
Aussie Amplifiers

My amplifier is built with a custom made heavy duty full aluminium chassis sized W430 H200 D412, two Nuvotem 625VA trans with 2*55V-0 secondary, dual mono configuration with one channel two Vishay BC 154 33000uF/100V capacitors, and a soft-start module is installed that designed by my friend in HK, no speaker protection broad install because I found that amplifier modules is very stable, so I haven't install it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

My amplifier is built with a custom made heavy duty full aluminium chassis sized W430 H200 D412, two Nuvotem 625VA trans with 2*55V-0 secondary, dual mono configuration with one channel two Vishay BC 154 33000uF/100V capacitors, and a soft-start module is installed that designed by my friend in HK, no speaker protection broad install because I found that amplifier modules is very stable, so I haven't install it.

Hi Kenneth

Your nxV500 amplifier looks awesome!
Well done on the construction.

Oliver how did you go with the MG speaker audition?

Regards

Anthony
Aussie Amplifiers

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Hi Kenneth

Your nxV500 amplifier looks awesome!
Well done on the construction.

Oliver how did you go with the MG speaker audition?

Regards

Anthony
Aussie Amplifiers

Hi Anthony,

the MG 3.7 sounds absolute awesome !!! Completely different to my Avantgarde Acoustic DUO Omega horns.

The problem is, i like the Maggie sound more than the acutal with my horns...:Ohno:

ATM i am selling my horns over an professional brocker on Audiogon.

When they are sold, i will order the MG 3.7 directly and must change the amps from my 300B Ceasar II mono's to....:D

a new amp project!

@ Kenneth

Great work :up:

Could you tell me witch PSU pcb you are using in your amp?
BTW, is the case from Modushop / Italy ?

:wave:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.