Low Profile Six Channel Amp - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > Aussie Amplifiers

Aussie Amplifiers High quality, high performance amplifier modules and accessories

Old 13th September 2011, 05:39 PM   #11
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
Are these the same nxV203 as on your website?
Hi John

Yes the nxv203 modules that are on my web site are the ones used in the six channel amplifier shown above.
So if you wanted to you could make up your own six channeled amplifier
using these modules and in your own chassis and heat sinks of choice.

I do make another version of the three channel amplifier module that has its own
built in power supply nxV203PS, these are not the same module and are quite a bit bigger and require a 75mm high heat sink.

I hope this helps

Cheers

Anthony
Aussie Amplifiers
Old 19th September 2011, 02:33 PM   #12
diyAudio Member

I am the proud owner of the amp pictured at the beginning of this thread

Anthony,

I was wondering if you could describe the intput/output connections required for bridged output please as I haven't seen it described in detail elsewhere.

I have been using to drive 2 B&W CM5 speakers over the weekend and my wife and I are both very happy with the sound!!
Old 19th September 2011, 10:55 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hochopeper View Post
I am the proud owner of the amp pictured at the beginning of this thread

Anthony,

I was wondering if you could describe the intput/output connections required for bridged output please as I haven't seen it described in detail elsewhere.

I have been using to drive 2 B&W CM5 speakers over the weekend and my wife and I are both very happy with the sound!!
Hi Chris

All you need to do is solder the link on each amp board and use channel three on each board as the main input, it is also best to solder a shorting link
on the input of channel two.
The output is taken from the positive or Red terminal of channel 2 and channel 3. Channel 3 would be considered as the + terminal and channel 2 would be considered the - terminal.
The overall signal phase is non-inverting.

I hope this helps Chris.

Cheers

Anthony
Aussie Amplifiers
Old 16th January 2012, 11:50 AM   #14
diyAudio Member

Hi Anthony,

I've been waylaid in completing this build, health, work and Christmas have all conspired against me. Though as of yesterday evening I now have a minidsp in a small sub-enclosure and 2ch bridged on each of the nxv203 and 2 subwoofers singing nicely along with my B&W standmount speakers.

The pcb pad that I mentioned in email that I thought I had lifted, was in fact just wire pulled forcibly (by accident) from solder and pad and everything still 100% OK with PCB after I reflowed the solder. I am absolutely happy with the sound. My first power amplifier and I am blessed with this beast that you have created!!

Your prompt replies have been helpful and answered all questions I've had!

EDIT: I am looking forward to seeing these nxv101 boards you've mentioned in news section lately too once they're ready for public consumption!

Last edited by hochopeper; 16th January 2012 at 11:54 AM.
Old 16th January 2012, 08:51 PM   #15
diyAudio Member

Thanks so much for your feedback and I am very happy you were able to fix
the input connection.
Also pleased you are enjoying the sound quality of this amplifier.

All the best for 2012!

Cheers

Anthony
Aussie Amplifiers

Hide this!Advertise here!