Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > Aussie Amplifiers

Aussie Amplifiers High quality, high performance amplifier modules and accessories

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2011, 02:14 AM   #1
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Default MLB 201 Subwoofer

I'm the owner of the above subwoofer MLB 201 I'm getting lots of popping and sounds like bullets coming from my sub. I have reduced the gain to 0 and still have the same problem. Dispite this being a High end Subwoofer tech support from the company non-existent I have called a couple of the sales person for the company anf they have directed me to Germany were the sub was made. However I have been unable to contact any one in Germany. I have been trying for the last 60 days to no avail. I'm looking for a place in the USA who could repair my Sub Amp. any sugestions will be greatly appreciated.
  Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2011, 12:25 AM   #2
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Launceston, TAS, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by kojacsmith View Post
I'm the owner of the above subwoofer MLB 201 I'm getting lots of popping and sounds like bullets coming from my sub. I have reduced the gain to 0 and still have the same problem. Dispite this being a High end Subwoofer tech support from the company non-existent I have called a couple of the sales person for the company anf they have directed me to Germany were the sub was made. However I have been unable to contact any one in Germany. I have been trying for the last 60 days to no avail. I'm looking for a place in the USA who could repair my Sub Amp. any sugestions will be greatly appreciated.
Hi

This may be of some help to you.
If you are unable to get help, I maybe able to repair it for you.
It sounds like from what you have told me the amplifier has become unstable. I could replace the amplifier with one of my own units.

US Importer: MBL of America, Scottsdale, Arizona, Tel. 602 991 8001 , Fax 602 991 8797

Manufacturer: MBL GmbH, Berlin Germany, Tel (county code 49 when dialing from US) (030) 851 80 74 , Fax (030) 851 80 62

Cheers

Anthony
High End Audio MOSFET Amplifiers
  Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2011, 01:40 AM   #3
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Thumbs up MBL 201 Subwoofer.

Thanks, for your assistance I have very little experience with electronics, how difficult or complicated it is to replace the Amp. is that the only thing that I would have to replace?.
  Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2011, 04:10 AM   #4
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Launceston, TAS, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by kojacsmith View Post
Thanks, for your assistance I have very little experience with electronics, how difficult or complicated it is to replace the Amp. is that the only thing that I would have to replace?.
I would not say that it is that easy.
You would need some knowledge of electronics and some soldering skills.
and it does take an experienced eye to know what to take out and what to replace.
Also you would need to do some measurements on the power supply to see what module would be best suited to your current power supply and some skill
in drilling and tapping the holes to mount the module onto the existing heat sink.

Cheers

Anthony
High End Audio MOSFET Amplifiers
  Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2011, 03:45 AM   #5
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Default MLB 201

Good eve Saint:

I have read your information and I do not feel confortable doing this myself what are my alternatives, what you would suggest. Could I take the amp out and send it to you and you do all the testing and maching up and charge me for your work and the amp. once I get it back I should be able to put it back in. I beleive I would be able to solder a few wires. what is your take.? I will consider your suggestion(s). as you might know the speaker weight is close to 100 pounds so it would be very expensive to ship the speaker to you. Please give me your feed back and assestment of my situation.
I'm in Miami FL (Sunshine State)
  Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2011, 03:51 AM   #6
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Launceston, TAS, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
I would not say that it is that easy.
You would need some knowledge of electronics and some soldering skills.
and it does take an experienced eye to know what to take out and what to replace.
Also you would need to do some measurements on the power supply to see what module would be best suited to your current power supply and some skill
in drilling and tapping the holes to mount the module onto the existing heat sink.

Cheers

Anthony
High End Audio MOSFET Amplifiers

The best option for you would be to remove the whole plate amplifier as one unit and send it to me and then I should be able to repair or replace the main power amplifier section and post it back to you in the USA.

It might be easier from now on to communicate via email.
My email is aussieamplifiers@bigpond.com.

Cheers

Anthony
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Music server 201 otto88 PC Based 7 15th April 2011 08:48 PM
YBA YC 201 Williams Audio Digital Source 0 26th November 2010 04:55 PM
yba cd y-201 Williams Audio Digital Source 0 29th September 2008 08:02 PM
Speaker Building 201 - Titans? EDDIEMUNSTER Multi-Way 0 11th April 2007 02:46 AM
Goodmans 201 KevinTams Full Range 9 28th August 2005 07:35 PM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 02:57 AM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2