800 Watt MOSFET Amplifier Module
Here is my latest amplifier module hot off the press!
Contact me for more info:
It is available now for purchase from my online store!
* Featuring Balanced XLR and Single Ended RCA input stage.
* Can be power from separate power supplies for the Input and Driver Stage
* Very low noise and distortion
* Unconditionally Stable
* Extra Heavy Duty three ounce copper printed circuit boards.
* Gold Immersion copper track plating
* Rugged high performance Toshiba MOSFET output stage.
* RoHs Compliant
* Very easy to install and get going
* Sound quality and reliability rivaling the best in the world
* 500 Watts RMS continuous sine wave into 8 Ω
* 800 Watts RMS continuous sine wave into 4 Ω
* 1200 Watts RMS short term sine wave into 2 Ω
* The HPA-nxV800 is 2 Ω Stable
* Biased into Class A/B
* Power Bandwidth 3.5hz to 250khz -3dB
* Slew Rate = 90 volts / microsecond approximately
* Dampening Factor At 100hz 8Ω = 1300
* Dampening Factor At 1khz 8Ω = 915
* Dampening Factor At 10khz 8Ω = 248
* RCA Single ended Input impedance 20kΩ
* XLR Balanced Input Impedance 40kΩ
* Differential Input Gain = 33.8dB
* Single Ended Input Gain = 28.1dB
* THD+N - Typically 0.003%
* Recommended Voltage Supply +-98 volts DC
* Operational Supply Voltage Range +-20v dc to +-105 volts DC
* PSU Power Transformer secondary windings 65vac (1200VA)
* Printed Circuit Board Dimensions 325mm x 50mm
* Minimum Recommended Conrad heat sink MF35-100 to MF35-151.5
A few questions
a) How is the loudspeaker protected?
b) What is the topology of the front end?
c) What do you bias the amp at?
To protect the loudspeaker from possible damage, The LSP-One loudspeaker
orotector that I sell is well suited to be mated with the nxV800 module.
The front end topology is Complementry Differential folded cascode and Nested feedback loop included in the topology.
The output stage is biased to around 40ma per output device
so the total per voltage rail would be around 240ma.
I hope this helps Jam :)
DIY Amplifier - Audio Amplifier Modules - MOSFET Amps - Audio Electronics - Power Amps
looks really cool! My nxV500 really rocks! This can even be better!
Bewdiful work, absolutely stunning!
I bet it sounds as good as it looks.......
Yes it has an awesome sound quality, you just would not believe it
is a high powered amplifier by the way it sounds.
It has all the power and authority of a very high powered amplifier with the detailed imaging and sound stage usually attributed to much low powered amplifiers. :D
Ordered two of these tasty puppies for a dual voicecoil sub setup, damping for africa, will let you guys know how they sound and post up a build thread when I get them and get started :)
I am currently building a pair of subs as well based on the Exodus audio Maelstrom 18's and powered by the HPA-NVx1200's. Already got my amps but have yet to complete either build. Hopefully this weekend will see the completion of the sub cabinets. I will also post build pics when finished.
|All times are GMT. The time now is 08:17 PM.|
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©1999-2015 diyAudio