800 Watt MOSFET Amplifier Module - Page 7 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > Aussie Amplifiers

Aussie Amplifiers High quality, high performance amplifier modules and accessories

Old 10th May 2012, 10:53 PM   #61
tinitus is offline tinitus  Europe
diyAudio Moderator R.I.P.

how hot/warm does it get ?
Old 10th May 2012, 11:10 PM   #62
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinitus View Post
how hot/warm does it get ?
Under 40 Celsius .
Old 10th May 2012, 11:15 PM   #63
tinitus is offline tinitus  Europe
diyAudio Moderator R.I.P.

whats your dc power supply voltage ?
Old 10th May 2012, 11:20 PM   #64
diyAudio Member

89 V for input and 85 V for output. I am waiting for som capacitors and resistors from Partsconnexion to modiify the supplys. This was what I had for a beginning.
Old 12th May 2012, 03:31 AM   #65
diyAudio Member

Thumbs up WOW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erlend Sæterdal View Post
Fino !

Just listened to my new NXV 500 R2 . Its amazing -- sounds wonderfull. Much better than the earlier moduls. Has the missing warmt in lower midrange upper bass. Transparens is so much better also. This amps is way better than the NCore 400 I made for a friend some weeks ago. The N Core 400 sounds like a clock radio compared to this.
I went to visit Erland yesterday and after this comment I was not sure of what to expect....
But the sound was some of the best I have hear in years.....
It was warm like a tubeamplifier, open, clear and controlled at the same time..... and no matter what type of musik we played (Jazz , Classic, Rock) the result was same , warm, open and clear....
I can defiantly recommend every one this amp......
Old 20th May 2012, 07:20 PM   #66
diyAudio Member

Thanks Kenneth I did not see your post before now. Tube alike in the treble and midrange but still with good control in the bass I think.
Old 4th June 2012, 05:10 PM   #67
diyAudio Member

Hi Erlend. I'm planning out the power supplies for a new amp using the nxV500-R2 modules. Did you use a regulated supply for the front end? I see that you also used higher voltages than the recomended ones. Do the higher voltages provide an overall improvement. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer. Best Wishes, Bob
Old 4th June 2012, 05:28 PM   #68
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by u1022186 View Post
Hi Erlend. I'm planning out the power supplies for a new amp using the nxV500-R2 modules. Did you use a regulated supply for the front end? I see that you also used higher voltages than the recomended ones. Do the higher voltages provide an overall improvement. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer. Best Wishes, Bob
No my supply for the input section is passive with CRCRC . 2200 uf. ,44 ohm Mills,33.000 uf. , 12 ohm carbon, 380 uf.

The kind of resistor has much influence on total performance. Tried some Kiwame and they was not a succes in this case.

Also it is a good idea to change the trough hole 47 ohm resistors to an unmagnetic type.
Also I use Stainless screws for the mosfets.

I had some transformers with 60 VAC out. Transformer for input section is a few volts more.
I do not know if this high voltage gives me better sound . You know the Q = VxV x uf . So high voltage is much more enegy stored in the supply.

Maybee Mr. Holton can explain why He recommends 77 V ?
Old 5th June 2012, 02:11 AM   #69
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erlend Sæterdal View Post
No my supply for the input section is passive with CRCRC . 2200 uf. ,44 ohm Mills,33.000 uf. , 12 ohm carbon, 380 uf.

The kind of resistor has much influence on total performance. Tried some Kiwame and they was not a succes in this case.

Also it is a good idea to change the trough hole 47 ohm resistors to an unmagnetic type.
Also I use Stainless screws for the mosfets.

I had some transformers with 60 VAC out. Transformer for input section is a few volts more.
I do not know if this high voltage gives me better sound . You know the Q = VxV x uf . So high voltage is much more enegy stored in the supply.

Maybee Mr. Holton can explain why He recommends 77 V ?
Hi Erlend and Bob

The reason 77 volts is recommended, because this is the voltage used to set the
maximum power output for the nxV500 module of 310 watts RMS into 8 ohms and 550 watts RMS into 4 ohms.
Higher supply voltages can be used, but with caution.

Cheers

Anthony
Old 5th June 2012, 10:50 AM   #70
diyAudio Member

I did not really understand " but with caution ". Do you mean low impedances should be avoided ?

Hide this!Advertise here!