800 Watt MOSFET Amplifier Module - Page 4 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > Aussie Amplifiers

Aussie Amplifiers High quality, high performance amplifier modules and accessories

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2012, 06:50 AM   #31
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Launceston, TAS, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by jombeth View Post
Hello,

I'm interested in your 800 watts amp. however, as an amplifier enthusiast, i would want to build it with myself. So, can you help me by posting or sending the complete circuit with complete details and also biasing, through my email arvin_ksa2000@yahoo.com? I will be thankful to you...

More power!!

Arvin
Hi Alvin

Sorry mate I only sell modules

Cheers

Anthony
Aussie Amplifiers
  Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2012, 04:22 PM   #32
WSDS is offline WSDS  Philippines
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Pasig City
The Saint,
How much is the nxV800 power amp. module? I'm building a dual front load 18" subs, i'm planning to make it active.

Thanks
Warren
  Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2012, 06:25 PM   #33
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Uppsala,Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by WSDS View Post
The Saint,
How much is the nxV800 power amp. module? I'm building a dual front load 18" subs, i'm planning to make it active.

Thanks
Warren
Hi warren! Shouldnt you be able to read this page?

Holton Precision Audio Online Store - Audio Electronics -
__________________
Without wonderment,no life.
  Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2012, 07:43 PM   #34
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Launceston, TAS, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by WSDS View Post
The Saint,
How much is the nxV800 power amp. module? I'm building a dual front load 18" subs, i'm planning to make it active.

Thanks
Warren
Hi Warren

The nxV800 modules cost $579.00AUD each

Cheers

Anthony
Aussie Amplifiers
  Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2012, 03:04 PM   #35
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Hi Anthony,

Your nxv800 sure looks the treat :-)

I can see on your website that you have introduced R2 versions of the nxV300 and 500.

Are the changes that these R2s are based on, in any way similar to some of the attributes of the nxV800 such as possibility for a dedicated VAS supply and less nfb?

Some comments from you on what that can be expected from these R2s in terms of technical attributes and of course most important how they sound compared to your other offerings would be highly appreciated.

For reference I have a pair of nxV200 signature, so I have first hand knowledge of how they perform in my system.

Also, I have noticed on other amps that routing the speaker return either back to the amp board or directly back to the ground reference between the supply caps can have a significant impact on the audible performance.
- what is your recommendation for getting most out of your amps (speaker return back through the boards or directly back to PS ground ref?)

Id guess that making the current flow back trough the ground plane on an amp can affect the performance somehow -especially regarding the working conditions of the nfb loop(s)...

best,
  Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2012, 03:54 PM   #36
AndrewT is offline AndrewT  Scotland
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Scottish Borders
Juhl,
carefully trace out the route that the speaker current follows from smoothing capacitor through to the amplifier, through the various traces and output components of the amplifier and then the final part of that route to the speaker Hot Terminal.

Where on that route is the point that passes over or very nearby the Main Audio Ground?

Now take your speaker return route to exactly follow the flow current route twisting the speaker return lead with the Hot flow lead for a long as is possible, till you reach that Main Audio Ground.

Now examine the loop area formed by the speaker flow and return wiring. Is it minimised? That is what you need and it reduces the effects of high current flow in the speaker cables on the low level circuits that pass nearby.
__________________
regards Andrew T.
  Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2012, 04:32 PM   #37
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your guidance -its highly appreciated!

My main audio ground is the starground point between the supply caps. The point where the supply leads leave the supply caps is thereby also the point with shortest distance to the main audio ground (if I understood that correctly).

The way I read you, the point for me is to make the speaker return follow the hot speaker lead back to Main Audio ground. If this is correct, it seems that I have two possible extremes; being either to have the hot lead as short as possible (directly from board hot terminal to enclosure terminal) -making the return lead following back to the board and then back to Main Audio Ground. Or Having the return lead as short as possible (directly from enclosure terminal back to Main Audio Ground between the supply caps) -making the hot speaker lead following back to MAG and then to hot terminal on amp board.

The third possibility would of course be to direct both hot and return lead back to the amp board, but to the (speaker return terminal) on the amp and from there making the hot go back to hot terminal on the board and the return thereby connect with the Main Audio Ground through the boards ground lead.

-Any recommendations on which of those two opposites (or routing return back through the board to MAG) that should be best?
(My own guess would be that the amp will be affected by the electrical parameters of the wiring meaning that routing back to amp will provide a better L/C ratio for the amp to chew on)

BTW, I have no noise issues at all so Im not trying to deal with that. Its more about getting the best possible sound from the amp and based on experiences with other amps, choosing to direct the speaker return current through the boards (speaker return terminal) opposed to directly back to star ground between the supply caps can have significant influence on the sound. Unfortunately not only for the better in either case...

best,
  Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2012, 11:49 PM   #38
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Launceston, TAS, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juhleren View Post
Hi Anthony,

Your nxv800 sure looks the treat :-)

I can see on your website that you have introduced R2 versions of the nxV300 and 500.

Are the changes that these R2s are based on, in any way similar to some of the attributes of the nxV800 such as possibility for a dedicated VAS supply and less nfb?

Some comments from you on what that can be expected from these R2s in terms of technical attributes and of course most important how they sound compared to your other offerings would be highly appreciated.

For reference I have a pair of nxV200 signature, so I have first hand knowledge of how they perform in my system.

Also, I have noticed on other amps that routing the speaker return either back to the amp board or directly back to the ground reference between the supply caps can have a significant impact on the audible performance.
- what is your recommendation for getting most out of your amps (speaker return back through the boards or directly back to PS ground ref?)

Id guess that making the current flow back trough the ground plane on an amp can affect the performance somehow -especially regarding the working conditions of the nfb loop(s)...

best,
Hi Juhleren

The R2 nxv300 and nxV500 are based on the nxV800 module and all of these
modules now share the option of having a dedicated VAS-Input stage power supply and they also share the nested feedback loop.

Regarding the Speaker Ground point, the best option I would suggest would be to connect the Ground point at the speaker GND on the main amp board,
This provides a single GND return back to the main power supply ground, rather than the two return grounds back to the power supply GND.
The signal grounds on the main amp board are isolated via a 10 ohm resistor
from the main ground plane and are connected from this resistor directly
to the main power ground point on the amp board.
So they would not be influenced by the power supply GND currents.

Cheers

Anthony
  Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2012, 12:35 AM   #39
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Thanks Anthony,

I will try that

Those R2 revisions sure sound interesting. I guess they also differ in sound then. Any words on how they can be expected to do so?

Are VAS supplies to be the same or slightly higher in voltage than the output supplies, then?
And are there any plans on implementing nested nfb and optional VAS supplies in future nxV200 revisions?

Cheers,

Last edited by Juhleren; 16th April 2012 at 12:39 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2012, 12:58 AM   #40
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Launceston, TAS, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juhleren View Post
Thanks Anthony,

I will try that

Those R2 revisions sure sound interesting. I guess they also differ in sound then. Any words on how they can be expected to do so?

Are VAS supplies to be the same or slightly higher in voltage than the output supplies, then?
And are there any plans on implementing nested nfb and optional VAS supplies in future nxV200 revisions?

Cheers,
With the R2s you can expect sharper focus on the imaging and sound stage.
The nxV200 Signature already has the nested feedback.
For the VAS supplies it is best to have at least 5 volts higher that the main output stage.

Cheers

Anthony
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
300 watt hybrid amplifier module nigelwright7557 Swap Meet 2 29th September 2009 11:05 AM
50 watt MOSFET AMPLIFIER Reactance Solid State 33 20th November 2005 04:18 AM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 01:13 AM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2