diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Audio Sector (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/audio-sector/)
-   -   AudioSector-chip amp kits, dacs, chassis (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/audio-sector/51381-audiosector-chip-amp-kits-dacs-chassis.html)

Peter Daniel 11th February 2005 03:20 PM

AudioSector-chip amp kits, dacs, chassis

2 Attachment(s)
I finally got to setting up a proper website. It's been created by Vikash, and I have to admit that I'm very happy with the overall appearance:

http://www.audiosector.com

So far, the main items are chip amp kits that I have been developing together with Brian. I will be producing boards and sourcing components completely independent now, so you might expect some diversity in the offerings.

I'm bringing back the Premium kit. The board revision is marked SE (Special Edition). It will be gold plated on all copper areas, and the layout and components placement is improved. Especially the mounting of the feedback resistor is more appropriate now (on the board, but directly between the pins of the chip; the previously used location is still available as well). The power supply will accept snubber setup (the snubber parts with exception of big caps are included free of charge). Though the boards sizes didn't change, the direct mounting of 35mm electrolytis is possible as well (underneath). The more compact assembly is possible too, with mounting holes and power point connections matching and the 2 boards connected with standoffs. I also added LED output on PS board.

The next offering is LM47890 kit; I have the boards presently in stock, so if someone wants them quickly, they ship immediately. I will revise next version, with possibility of operating both halves of the chip separately (for stereo). The PS will be also modified for snubber implementation. The snubber placement doesn't change anything in the boards layout, it just the spot for additional components that can be used or not. Snubber circuit application for GC was developed and introduced by CarlosFM.

I will go with new color for the boards, and they will be dark blue with yellow silkscreen.

The next offering will be TDA1543 based DAC. Preliminary tests indicate very good performance. The layout is practically finished and I will be ordering boards early next week. I spent close to a year optimizing that circuit, and it compares (if not excels) very favourable to both TDA1541S2 and TDA1545 DACs.

There is currently one complete amp being offered, but more will come, including Patek.

Below, the SE version of LM3875 board.

Peter Daniel 11th February 2005 05:12 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I've been recently experimenting with more exotic finishes, and just yesterday tried Mardone Burl in one of the amps. 2" thick board is cut in half, for two perfectly symetrical side panels.

motherone 11th February 2005 10:20 PM

That wood is beautiful, Peter. I think it really improves the look of your amplifier.

I wish you the best of luck with your new site and endeavor!

Mike

Vikash 13th February 2005 09:02 AM

Nice site ;). And the Mardone Burl makes the amp even more luscious.

pinkmouse 13th February 2005 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Vikash
Nice site
:D

sanjeev 13th February 2005 08:09 PM

DAC details?

I am waiting for your DAC kit. When do you expect to start taking orders, and how much will it be?

toque_101 15th February 2005 07:39 PM

Looks good, Peter! I saw the 6moons review of the integrated amp and DAC too. One thing I was wondering though. For selling amps in a complete kit (like the integrated amp), do you need to worry about having it electrically certified, or do you just have to be sure that you conform to standards?

-steve

mrskinny 15th February 2005 08:09 PM

Are the prices on your website in Canadian or American dollars?

Peter Daniel 15th February 2005 08:26 PM

Presently, all the prices are in USD dollars. As the chip amp kits are still the main offering, I want to keep same prices as Brian. Eventually, when the products will gain more originality, I might switch to Canadian funds, as paypal exchange rate isn't that good.

Peter Daniel 15th February 2005 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by toque_101
One thing I was wondering though. For selling amps in a complete kit (like the integrated amp), do you need to worry about having it electrically certified, or do you just have to be sure that you conform to standards?

I think I will have to worry about it, and I'm already investigating that matter.