• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

AudioSector-chip amp kits, dacs, chassis

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

Attachments

• bakanced power.jpg
    bakanced power.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 1,272
DAC

Hi Peter,

I was wondering if there are any component value adjustments that could be made in your DAC circuit to brighten the high end a little bit without increasing high freq. distortion. I'm over 60 now and have a slight fall off in high freq. hearing in one ear.

Also, do you have any updates on availability for the output buffer, the attenuator, and the amp case?

Thanks,
Robert

The high frequency extention can be manipulated by the choice of I/V resistors and coupling caps. Using Caddocks TF020 will brighten up the highs and I've heard about people using Mundorf caps with good results (Auricaps could be another alternative).

The chassis is actually fabricated, I just need to pick it up from the manufacturing house.

The buffer is available as well and it is $140 for a two channel set.

The attenuator is yet to be finalized, the programming is not up to me and that's why the delay.

Peter Daniel said:
The high frequency extention can be manipulated by the choice of I/V resistors and coupling caps. Using Caddocks TF020 will brighten up the highs and I've heard about people using Mundorf caps with good results (Auricaps could be another alternative).

The buffer is available as well and it is $140 for a two channel set.

Thanks Peter,

Do you have any of the Caddocks, Mundorfs or Auricaps in the appropriate values available?

Should I send a private email to order a buffer set?

Robert

Hi Peter,

I've been reading wonderful reviews of your Patek and started thinking of building one of your LM3875 premium kits with the upgrade BG caps. The only question is that I've never listened to a gainclone, but have listened to a Shigaraki amp. Is the sound comparable, equal, has nothing to do?

And, btw, how much will cost a kit with the same components you use in your Patek?

Best regards,

Paulo

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.